New to smoking fish

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dave11

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 6, 2005
Spring Hill,Fla
Does anyone have a recipe for smoking grouper? I tried it for the first time today, and Ive never smoked fish before. Way to salty. Do you have to use a brine? Can you smoke just about any kind of fish? Whats the skinny?

Dave,hi and welcome.When I lived in Titusville Fla. we smoked fish a good bit.I always smoked fish in a open foil boat with whatever type of liquid and spices you like.The liquid helps keeping fish from drying out.You can marinate your fish then lay them right on the rack but you need to watch it close cause it wont take long to be done.Using a brine to me is just adding salt for no good reason.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky