New to SMF

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thepruitt21

Original poster
Oct 15, 2010
Li' Town in Western Oklahoma
Hello everyone......A little bit about me...

I am a noob to SMF, just signed up today, and somewhat relatively new to smoking meat. Any advice is welcome. I enjoy smoking anything Pork and Chicken. A friend and I have really enjoyed cooking meat and, from what others say, we are pretty good at it. Like anything new, there are some hiccups along the way.

We entered our first BBQ Competition this summer and won overall Grand Champion. We were 1st in Chicken, 2nd in Ribs, yet didn't place in Brisket. However, it was a little competition with only about 15 contestants here in Clinton OK. Nonetheless, a "W" is a "W", right?

We have cooked for various benefit deals like Poker Runs and Schools. Our most recent adventure was Wednesday when we cooked 29 Briskets for a local school for a dinner. They supplied the meat and we just seasoned and cooked. The dinner is tonight, the 15th in Arapaho, Ok if anyone is interested in coming. Money goes to a good cause.

Brisket is my friends area, and I am the pork man. I really enjoy cooking Ribs and Pork Loins the most.

Again, any suggestions/advice/recipes/etc. is welcome.

Again, I am new to SMF and I don't know why this is listed under sausage....Sorry.

Anyway to change it?

Welcome Pruitt,

Probably one of the moderators will notice this, and move this thread to roll call, so you can be welcomed properly.

Bearcarver

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. You'll find lots of good info and some great recipes here. I moved your thread to the Roll Call section.

Welcome to the family ,

Show us some pics!

Welcome to the SMF, and thanks for the introduction. You'll find many great recipes and tips, just by reading the forums. It's all good my friend.

Welcome to SMF - you will find lots of good folks here to help and to cheer you on

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
icon_cool.gif

"entered our first BBQ Competition this summer and won overall Grand Champion. We were 1st in Chicken, 2nd in Ribs, yet didn't place in Brisket. However, it was a little competition with only about 15 contestants here in Clinton OK. Nonetheless, a "W" is a "W", right?"

sure you're a noob??  sounds like you have plenty of experience under your belt(s).  Welcome!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky