New to site

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lt

Original poster
Just found this site and wanted to say hello. I purchased a Great Outdoor Smoky Mountain smoker yesterday to replace my old Big Chief. Little did I know it isn't really the same type of smoking unit and processes seem to be a little different. I am ready to get into this ASAP and need some information, this site should be the place, I hope.

LT

Welcome to SMF, LT. Nothing like going from eletric to something different. You didn't say what type of GOSM unit you have. Several of us use the GOSM Big Block (propane fired) with great results.

Thanks for the reply Dutch!
I bought a GOSM Model A032142 36" Stainless Steel Smoker, I couldn't find a simple model # on it anywhere. I'd like to learn more about how to use it correctly and if I can still use it for smoking / drying like the old Big Chief. Can't wait to brew something else up today!
LT

Welcome, Welcome!

Glad you are here!

Check out the propane smoker section of the forum. Ask lots of questions and the friendly folks here at SMF will make answer.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

LT, I have smoked packer briskets, brisket flats, beef jerky, beef roasts, beef ribs; pork butts, pork loins, spare and baby back ribs, sausage links, 1 lb. sausage chubs (fatties), salmon, ABT's, beans and whole potatos in my GOSM.

LT, check out the Pork forum and search for the topic "3-2-1 Ribs". Good Luck and ENJOY!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky