• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New to site

geigs

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 8, 2006
Hello everyone - I am new to the site, and a relatively new smoker - been on it for about a year or so.

I have a Brinnkmann Smoke'n Pit Pitmaster deluxe - I've had it for a month or so. (started with a charbroil vertical smoker)

Just getting my feet wet, but finding it difficult in the Minnesota evenings to keep a good heat.

I will continue to read the forums, but am sure to have questions!

Thanks

Geigs

gunslinger

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 24, 2006
Welcome to SMF. I wouldn't have the slightest clue as to how to deal with them northern cold nights. Maybe a windbreak? Thermal blanket? The great thing about SMF is someone can and will help.
Glad you're here.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Geigs, Welcome to SMF. Glad to have you with us. When dealing with the colder weather, it's not uncommon to use more wood or charcoal to maintain 230-250* temps. You'll find that as the weather warms up, your wood usage will decrease-it the nature of what we love to do. As 'Slinger suggested, a wind break helps, especially on those windy days

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks