New to Sausage Making

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jsk53

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 7, 2013
Green Valley, Az
Hi All,

Moving from Wisconsin to Arizona, I find a severe lack of decent summer sausage of any kind! So...I decided to give it a shot. Just picked up and started reading Rytek's book and started accumulating the essential tools. I was able to get additional plates for my Universal hand grinder and Santa brought me a LEM stainless sausage stuffer (recommended by many in response to my earlier post).

Lot's to learn before my first attempt, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

My wife's parents had a place in Green Valley and you are correct. We found it was hard to get good meat there as well. We ended up getting stuff at the grocery store in Sahuarita. At least they had Johnsonville brats. There are a lot of threads here on the search bar. Good luck with your summer sausage!

Hi Woodcutter,

We built a home out here about 3 years ago and used it for a vacation spot. We just retired and moved here full time so we are still getting the lay of the land. I've got most of what I need to start my first attempt at sausage making. Just need to order casings and instacure #1. Still debating on natural or synthetic casings. Once that's decided, I'll be on my way (after some long one on one time with Rytek's book!). Thanks for the note and stay warm...I think we got out of there at the right time looking at the weather the last month..

Jeff

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky