New to me Performer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

damascusmaker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 3, 2015
North East Tennessee
Picked up this beauty this afternoon from CL ad, Only 5 miles away, and had a NY strip for supper. Been wanting one for a while but hadn't pulled the trigger on a new one. I'm going to like it! photos from the ad.

00808_jPPJpJpDa5g_1200x900.jpg
00y0y_5b1gQUIyhw2_1200x900.jpg
00N0N_bTeyOC4KrAa_1200x900.jpg

Reactions: jp61
It looks Awsum! Beautifully maintained.
So, is it a propane start, charcoal run?
I don't think I ever saw one quite like that.
A Brother-In-Law has dual Weber kettles on his BBQ kitchen. He calls them his chicken grills.
Score!

Fantastic score on that performer. Someone took real good care of it. You'll get many a year of grilling goodness out of that bad boy. I like the color.

Chris

Thanks all, Yeah It was pretty clean. I hit the grill a little with some steel wool and fired it up to cook.

The guy said it was several years old but always covered. Yeah no timer or place for one and no heat shield for the top handle and the top holder is the tight one. The grill hinges both sides but doesn't have the removable center piece, I have one that does left over from my UDS experience. I also have a Weber rotisserie.

The best part was the after negotiation it wound up around half the price of a new one. I was thinking of ordering a copper color but the blue is growing on me fast:)

Thanks for the link chopsaw, off to check the serial number.

AU code puts it at 2012, now I'm amazed by the condition for the age. And still a happy griller!

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
Enjoy your new toy. The Weber is the most versatile grill on the planet (in my opinion). So many trinkets you can get for it. One of my favorites is the slow n sear and a rotisserie.
Like the color it matches my bike and truck
Enjoy

Enjoy your new toy. The Weber is the most versatile grill on the planet (in my opinion). So many trinkets you can get for it. One of my favorites is the slow n sear and a rotisserie.
Like the color it matches my bike and truck
Enjoy

Don't forget about the Vortex.

Chris

Thanks,
Yeah, I was planning to make a slow & sear and a Vortex. Used the baskets that came with it for the steaks Sunday and they worked great.

I did notice the lid fits a little loose and it took a while (hours) to cook down after it was shut off, Gasket for the lid?

Thanks,
Yeah, I was planning to make a slow & sear and a Vortex. Used the baskets that came with it for the steaks Sunday and they worked great.

I did notice the lid fits a little loose and it took a while (hours) to cook down after it was shut off, Gasket for the lid?
My lid fits good , no movement . Might be from years of use . Check to make sure the fins for the clean out cover the holes , and know that it matches the open / close on the outside .

Loose as in too big or loose as in out of round? If out of round you can possibly give it a bear hug to straighten it out.
Either way I wouldn't complain, it's a great addition to your arsenal.
Chris.

Thanks again all,
Yeah, not complaining, actually quite pleased, after months of watching CL and resisting ordering a new one. Had considered 100+ mile trips a couple of times but the price didn't justify the travel over just going new.

The top doesn't seem to be out of round just a sloppy fit maybe 1/4" to 3/8" inch X and Y, Z seems flat and true. I have gasket material just need to pick up some blue high temp silicone. I don't think it's wear, I would be willing to bet this thing hasn't been cooked on over a dozen times in its life. I will check the fins, I saw when I used it they were covering but didn't check for tightness. And it might be leaking around the burner tube. I'll fix that when I get the blue silicone if it is.

Don't be in a hurry to seal it up with a gasket or sealant cook on it for a while I think you will find it will come in where you want it. As you know from your name as a metal crafter steal will change with heat and cooling over time plus the residue from the cooks and smoke wool seal it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky