• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

new to forum

bubba

Joined Dec 25, 2006
Hello to all.I'm from Louisiana,and enjoy cooking on the grill.I do nearly all my grilling with choice woods.My oldest son bought a smoker from wal-mart last year.After using it a couple of times to cook with,well that's all it took to build a fire and desire to learn all I can about smoke cooking,and preparing meats the right way!When I found this site this morning I knew I had my best christmas present ever.I use an old stainless steel ww2 army gas cook stove which I use wood in to cook with,also have a cheap grill.I plan to get with my dad and build a small old fashioned smoke house.Anyway look forward to listening and learning from ya'll.Thanks for allowing me here.

ultramag

SMF Events Planning Committee
Joined Apr 17, 2006
Welcome to SMF bubba!!! I look forward to seeing the smokehouse come together.

gunslinger

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 24, 2006
Welcome to SMF. You've come to the right place to learn all you can.

dgross

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 21, 2006
Welcome and please post pictures of your smokehouse because we may be interested in building one in the future and would welcome all info; both the dos and don'ts. Hope you enjoy your Christmas present
!

bwsmith_2000

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2005
Bubba,
You're very gracious but we are the lucky ones .... we're glad you are here. As a suggestion, you might want to explore the links at the top of this page ..... especially the eCourse. Tulsa Jeff has put together some really good information and I think you might find it to be useful. Also, the other links should be of interest to you as well as the threads in the SMF. Do I sound just a little gung ho? The reason is that this is the best smoking meat forum on the web and it has the very best members. Welcome aboard and we look forward to your posts.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks