New to forum......lookin for some help!

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by bigokie, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Hello....I am goin to build a smoker and have a pretty good idea on the basics, but wondering if anyone has some input on different types or models. I think I am gonna make it out of 24" pipe. The smoker 4' long and the smoking box on one end 2' long. It doesnt need to be that portable. Once built I look forward to the suggestions and recipes found on here.......

Thanks,

David

2. tom37

tom37 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Glad you choose to join the smokin crowd,

Theres lots to think about, here is a link to my build. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/fo...ittle-spare-time-to-work-on-my-reverse-flow-s

Duckkiller has a couple builds going as well as several other members. Do a quick search of reverse flow side firebox and you will have a ton to look at for ideas. On ducks signature there is a link to the smoker calculator. It will answer alot of questions. Any other questions.....just ask away.

3. Thanks for the help.....The Chiefs smoker is toooo cool!!!!! Other than gettin the pipe, I think eveything else is do-able. Here at work the tools and equipment are limitless, so I will do more viewing and getting more ideas.

Thanks again.....

4. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Have you checked in the build section here there are alot of good smokers in there the last time I looked.