'New Thread/Post' indication gone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dubob

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 1, 2019
Mormon Mecca
About 2 weeks ago, I noticed that the little dot to the left of a thread/post title indicating something new since my last visit isn't there anymore. Anybody else seeing this, or do you still see the dot? I wrote to the site admin and never got a response.

This was mentioned in a thread before. I believe it’s in the bug and glitch section.

Reactions: DanMcG
I didn't know until today that there was a 'Bug & Glitch' forum. This post was moved here. Reading down through a couple of threads below this one, I found out that there was a recent update and the dots being gone was already reported and being worked on. I'm also one of those members that doesn't get any notifications when a watched thread gets a new post. My notification email address is my gmail account. I do not have SMF blocked in that account, so don't have a clue why I don't get notifications.

Oops! I was a little premature on not getting notifications. My bad. They are in fact coming in when I 'Watch' a thread. :emoji_open_mouth:

Reactions: bmudd14474
Not so much as a single word on the 'Dot' (new posts since my last visit) having gone AWOL a few weeks back. Very annoying to me. With over a dozen forums being monitored on a daily basis, it really helps to know which threads have new posts so I can easily look at only those of interest to me. It would be nice if the owner or a staff member gave us an update on what is being done to fix the noted bugs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky