• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New Thermometers Installed

sqwib

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 25, 2007
I just installed these Friday and did a smoke Sunday, its amazing at how much more relaxed I am with these installed.

Checked them in boiling water and they were dead on.

Tomorrow I'll post my Sunday Smoke, don't have time today I have to go back and get some dental work done. I swear they're gonna hit oil if they drill anymore.

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
cool therms...where did you get them and how much

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
Nice work. There is going to be no quessing what temps you are running across the grate any more. Well Done!

raptor700

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 20, 2010
Those are what I use. TEL-TRU says it all!!! Maybe It's because there made in the USA

tom37

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 24, 2009
Looks Great.

If it isn't to much trouble could you check and see how long the probe is past the threads?

I'm looking for some stubby thermo's. I drilled mine to close to the grate and the length has been a problem.

Thanks.

marlin009

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 10, 2010
I just installed these Friday and did a smoke Sunday, its amazing at how much more relaxed I am with these installed.

Checked them in boiling water and they were dead on.

Tomorrow I'll post my Sunday Smoke, don't have time today I have to go back and get some dental work done. I swear they're gonna hit oil if they drill anymore.

Nice work. There is going to be no quessing what temps you are running across the grate any more. Well Done!
Apparently 240 to 300.
 Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

I'm interested in the where, how much question. The one in mine is useless.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

It looks like you did a fine job there Sqwib.

sqwib

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 25, 2007
Looks Great.

If it isn't to much trouble could you check and see how long the probe is past the threads?

I'm looking for some stubby thermo's. I drilled mine to close to the grate and the length has been a problem.

Thanks.
2.5" stems

you can drill the hole and thread slightly upward so they clear the grates.

I wouldn't order their $5.00 locking nut, it comes with a cheap one that works fine

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks