New Texas smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

templar71

Original poster
Nov 11, 2013
Brenham Texas
My name is tyson. From Brenham Texas and I just bought an electric Masterbuilt Smoker. Just smoked my first dish tonight, a 3.5lb chicken. Turned out pretty good, I used soaked hickory chips and thought it tasted delicious. I bought some venison and jalapeño smoked sausage from the meat market on Sunday and figured I would pull it out of the fridge tomorrow and give it a go

Hello Tyson and welcome to the fun.  Many good folk here with a load of experience that they are more than willing to share.  If you have specific questions just start a thread and someone with experience will be along soon to offer advice.  All info you can provide us with will help us answer any questions you may have.  Some say soak the chips, some say no need.  You soaked this time, try not smoking next time.  See which you like best.  See, advice already and you didn't even ask.
icon_biggrin.gif
  You will usually get 12-15 opinions for every 10 replies.
icon_biggrin.gif
  Next time please include a picture of the finished product (Q-View ).  We like to drool.. Spend some time doing some research on the forums, tons of advice and recipes already available there.  Glad your yard bird turned out well.  We look forward to your contributions.  Have fun.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Hi Tyson, and welcome aboard!  Glad you've joined our group.  You'll find that there are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who genuinely enjoy sharing ideas on grilling, smoking, curing, etc.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything   ......... Send me some Blue Bell
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky