New Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chefboyrlee

Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
Seattle
Hello all
My name is Lee and today is my first day on this site. I recently purchase a new Convecture Tri Oven that will be delivered to my house this Wednesday. I can't wait to give this thing a try. Not sure what I will smoke first due to never using this type of smoker. My last smoker was a Bradley and it seemed to work fine but I was looking for something larger to feed all my cheap buddies. Any suggestions on how and what to smoke would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to SMF, Lee, we're glad to have ya here! If you're a new smoker and want to get some good tips, the free 5-day eCourse provides some great guidance on getting things started for some great smokes.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, we're here to help ya if we can!

Welcome to smf chef. Just look around a little. You'll find something on here that will get your attention and get your stomach growling.

Welcome Lee, a great sight and great people ready to help...really also we like Qview so take some pics and post.

Welcome to the SMF Chef! Very clever screen name. I agree about chcken.... cheap, easy and GOOD. Also, pulled pork isnt too expensive and easily feeds a lot of people. Whatever you make, I'm sure it will be good. Don't get in too bigga hurry and forget to season that new thing.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've be reading the pulled pork thread and I think I'll try a few of them and throw a few slabs of ribs on at the end. Lots of great info here, way to much to understand but hopefully as time go on I'll be able to produce something worthy of posting here.

Welcome to the world of smoke...read alot ask questions and you'll be a pro pitmaster in short order..and also have alot more cheap friends

Welcome to the SMF family. Great place to find tons of info on smokin foods. Great people here that are always willing to help.
May all your smokes be thin and blue.

Well I had my new smoker delivered yesterday and it looks like I will be smoking tonight. I picked up 2 boneless pork shoulders and 2 with the bone in, one beef brisket, three chickens, and 4 slabs of baby back ribs. Hopefully I don't screw everything up. I'll try to take pictures during the process and figure out how to post them here for some constructive criticism.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky