New Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lfroberts5

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Here are pics of my new smoker. A charcoal Brinkmann that I converted to propane.
Smoker

Gas Line

Burner

Tomorrow I will try my hand at a nice Pulled Pork
Hope everything goes well.

Great job, I can't wait to see your q-vue, I jost got the same ecb, and have not made the mods yet....Hummmmm maybe a charcoal, propane family?...I don't know that would be like rooting for two different drivers on Sunday...
I am eager to see her in action!!
Happy smokes!!

Here is an update on my first smoke.

It's been about 3 hours and the temp is just hitting 150. I have been spritzing every hour with a Jim Beam and apple juice 3:1 mix since the two hour mark. Here are some more pics.

Butt with Jeff's Rub!

My Setup in the backyard.

TBS?

Smoking Butt

Good job! Looks like you got it figgered out. Propane is a lot easier to keep the temps even with. Make sure you post Qview of the rest of the smoke
icon_exclaim.gif

LFR,

I have the same smoker and modded to propane as well. I went one step further and mounted mine to an old grill frame I had. If you see one on the side of the road...you may just want to pick it up. It sure makes tending to fire and meat much easier. I can also quickly and safely move it if a storm rolls in.

Luv2Camp,

Looks really nice. I will have to try that myself.
Here are 2 pics of the final product.

Finished Butt

Ready To Eat

Thanks Cowgirl,

My son and I just had some pulled pork with Jeff's finishing sauce applied, then we added his BBQ Sauce. WOW! Some of the best pulled pork I've ever had.

I'm gonna have to try this smoking thing again. Next time maybe some ribs or a nice Prime Rib. Can't forget smoked corn either.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky