New Smoker!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chdolfnz

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Lancaster, PA
My x-mas gift from the Fam is going to be a new smoker (YES!)...I was thinking of getting the Masterbuilt Electric smokehouse...I know some people here have them and are pleased with them. I was just wondering how they do in cold weather..any problem holding temp? Also, is there any big difference between the stainless one and the black one, except for the obvious!! I need a smoker that is basically "set and forget"..this seems to be good for that...any help would be much appreciated!!
Thanks a lot!

Chdolfnz

Take a look at the Treager or Country Smoker, both are great smokers that need very little if any babysitting.

Hey Chdolfnz,

I use an MES and I'm up here in bitter cold New Hampshire. I did a smoke last weekend (see my "First Fatties" post) and the temp was about 25 degrees, give or take. The MES held up just fine. Took *slightly* longer to get up to temp, but it maintained better than I ever expected throughout the smoke. So I'd say go for it, it's a great unit. I have the stainless one.

Let me know if you have any questions about it, always glad to help!

PDT_Armataz_01_24.gif

I agree w/Bossman. I have a traeger and a country cooker from Louisiana grills. Can't get much easier than that. Plus you have your grill and smoker all in one. I dont' know the mes, but I know about pellet smokers.

Good luck.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky