New Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tys

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 6, 2006
Ontario
Hi Guys,

So I ended up with the Home Depot bargain smoker... it's a Char-Broil H20 Smoker, or something to that effect.

I've assembled it, and read through the instructions and am left with a question. I could swear I read somewhere on this site that the smoker needs to be prepped before it's initial use... something like oil the inside down run it at ~200-250 for two hours, and then at ~400 for the final hour.

I can't remember offhand what the steps were, and I can't find the thread where I had read about the procedure. Could someone please share the procedure for prepping a new smoker, and whether or not it needs to have wood chips added during the process?

Thanks again guys!

I was a little hasty on that post. I found the thread.

Thanks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky