New Smoker to Group

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fireinv2021

Original poster
Oct 5, 2010
Belmont, NC
Greetings to the group.   I purchased a new MasterBuilt XL form BPS this several weeks ago.  Got to us it this past weekend for the first time.  All in all the meat turned out great. 

Several issues I noticed with the smoker the door does not seal properly.  Wide gap on the hinge side.  I need 106 inches of a gasket to seal it up.  Anyone know where I can purchase a rope gasket or other gasket and what size would be recommended?

Also I am a traditionalist and I do not like the smoke release in the back.  I am thinking about sealing that up with a piece of metal and adding a smoke stack.  I have an email into the Apliance Factory Parts for a price on a smoke stack that fits the standard vertical MasterBuilt smoker.  If that does not work out I mechanically talented and will just built me one.  I have a welder and can fabricate one.  Thoughts?

Tim Jonas

Belmont, NC 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky