New smoker, new member, sorta new to the art

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

duckjunkie194

Original poster
Fellas, I just thought I'd drop in a line after reading several threads.  Santa wife brought me the MES 30" 20070210 for xmas and is assembled and going thru its "seasoning" process right now.  Outside temps are currently 22 degress so we will see how it goes.  Love this site and the info available to a semi-newbie!!!!

Welcome aboard.

I have a MES 30 too. Lots of MES users here.

Works great.

Lots of informatoin here.Use the search tool and ask questions.

Craig

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Duck to SMF. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction  

MES got seasoned per the instructions, then it was off to the mall with the wife to return some of the unwanted stuff.  Since we got back, I've been checking the unit to get the settings on the heating power cord and temps figured out.  As expected, the thermometer in the door is a bit off.  When it reads 200, the internal temp (taken with a trusted and accurate thermometer) is 235.  At 335 on the door, inside is 360, 340 on the door, inside is 380.  I figured I would not be relying on the door mounted temp gauge anyway, so its not a big setback.  Now I just have to figure out whats gonna be the first thing to dirty it up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky