• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New Smoker In So Cal - Sweetest you've ever seen

alisosmoker

Joined Oct 21, 2006
I just built the best looking off-set smoker and it makes awesome brisket. Best of all, it's right in the heart of the OC where nobody would claim to be a redneck. I tore apart an old double oven and turned it into the smoker. Got it for free off a construction site. Final cost with all materials was right around $100. I'm sure it increased my property value by $50,000. Check out the attached picture. Enjoy.

Proud member of PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
eb499474_vbattach11006.jpg

meowey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 16, 2006
Way cool!

Welcome! Glad you are here.

What do you fire it with?

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

joed617

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined May 13, 2006
That sure is a perdy lookin smoker ya got there.. Welcome to SMF ..

Joe

cajunsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 21, 2006
Great looking stone work 8) . I probably am having a blind moment, but where is the chimney?

up in smoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 12, 2006
Now thats pretty damn sweet…whereâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s the Dom Perignon and smoked pate? Hmmmm?

alisosmoker

Joined Oct 21, 2006
There's two that come out the front on top underneath the stone work. I'll take some pictures of the internal components and post them later this week.

alisosmoker

Joined Oct 21, 2006
I like to try different wood, but right now I'm using almond with mesquite lump coal. Great flavor on brisket and chicken.

monty

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
Welcome aboard, Friend!

I must say that is one PRIMO setup! Looking forward to your posts!
Cheers!

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
All I can say besides the usual "Welcome to SMF" is SWEET!

ultramag

SMF Events Planning Committee
Joined Apr 17, 2006
Welcome to SMF!!! That has got be very unique in SoCal. 8)

smokyokie

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 26, 2006
Unique in SoCal? How 'bout unique anywhere!

Welcome to the board. Anyone with a creative mind like yours will most surely be an asset to the board!

BTW, what is that in the background on the left? It appears to be something made of stainless.

irish fan

Fire Starter
Joined May 26, 2006
Very impressive stone work and looks very professional, Looks like a great place to be in So. California especially on Nov. 25th when Notre Dame comes to town. Smoke one for me!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.