New smoker in FL

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

duder

Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
Palmetto, FL
Hey all,

Just found this site and I've already picked up a few ideas. I also signed up for the 5 day course from Jeff. I bought my smoker a couple of months ago, and have cooked some ribs, a few chickens, and a pork butt so far. They all came out pretty good, but I know I have a lot to learn and a lot of room for improvement.

I bought a charbroiler (or Chargriller, not sure) smoker with the offset firebox. It's the one you see at Home Depot. I've also been using the temp. gauge on the grill along with a wireless meat thermometer to keep an eye on my temps.

Thats it for now, after looking through some threads, I gotta go eat something now.
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the SMF. I think you're already having some fun. It's all good my friend.

Get ready for some Qview , 5 Day eCourse , ECB and ABT s ... the Big welcome wagon will around later but for now WELCOME TO SMF

First off welcome Duder what part of Fla are you I'm in the jax area and there are folks from all parts of Fla here. You'll like it here cause ther are alot of good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. So go grab something to smoke and if you have any questions just post them here and we are here all hours of the day n night.

Welcome, Glad to have you with us. This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For Those of you New to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.
Click Here it's "FREE"... 5 Day eCourse

How to post Qview to Forum:

When you uploading to Photobucket I always use the Large IMG setting, 640 x 480 it is a nice size...

Everyone here enjoys seeing the Qview so be sure to post plenty of pics...

Large ones that us old people with bad eyes can see.

For Step By Step Instructions On Posting Qview Check Out This Tutorial

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=82034

Wow, I wasn't expecting a 2 page welcome! Thanks for all the good luck and welcomes. I forgot to add a couple bits of info, so here it goes.

I'm on the west coast, in Palmetto, South of St. Pete and north of Sarasota.

I started the 5-day ecourse the other day, so I'm looking forward to finishing that off the next couple of days.

I've already gotten everyone I know hooked on the ABTs, and I'm looking to maybe try a fattie this weekend, or maybe try for some pulled pork again, last time I ended up with sliced pork. (Still good, just not what I was shooting for).

I'll be sure to work on my pic. posting skills and let you all see what I've done. Thanks again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky