New smoker here, along with a new gosm

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

boston

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Glenpool, OK
I just got a new gosm smoker, still in the box, will put it toghether tommorrow and attempt to season also. Never smoked before, with the exception of throwing some chips on charcoal.

I found this site a few days ago and I just dont know what I want to try first, pork butt, brisket, mushrooms, a fattie or 3, some abt's. I got a feeling this smoker is gonna be smokin all next weekend. Lucky for me, my wife has a foodsaver and loves to use it.

WelcOme Boston!
I say go for the butt!! this is the most forgiving piece of meat, and for you first go around, it is perfect, because you will feel like Hurcules when you are done then, my friend the sky is the limit!!
HAPPY SMOKES

welcome to smf and you have a great smoker that will provide you with the means to do just about anything you want. to start with a fatty,or a butt depending how much time u got to put into it be good coices. share some smokes with qview !!!

I agree the fatty will give you a first start, and it is easy I would try a 2 pounder and take it up to 150 -160' and wrap.

Good luck, and welcome!

Boston welcome to SMF glad your here. I suggest taking Jeff's 5 Day Ecourse its loaded with good info and its free. The threads also have lots of good info and recipes. If you can't find the answer just ask there are good people here willing to help. Have Fun and Happy Smoking

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky