New Smoker Help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Noah

Original poster
Nov 1, 2018
Frisco Colorado
Looking at purchasing a new electric smoker. I am not sure size however thinking bigger then smaller.

I am looking at Masterbuilt. However which model would your recommend???

Thank you for your time and help

I have both a 30 and a 40" MES, and recently added a pellet smoker.
Of the MES sizes, I would go with the larger one. I would prefer to have a little more capacity than I need, as opposed to a bit less.
I have a large family, and utilize all my space. If there is just a single person, or a couple, the 30 would certainly do the job.

Reactions: fivetricks
Looking at purchasing a new electric smoker. I am not sure size however thinking bigger then smaller.

I am looking at Masterbuilt. However which model would your recommend???

Thank you for your time and help

There are many guys who are happy with the MES 30.
However there are also many who, like me started with an MES 30, because there was only the 2 of us. Then because of having to cut things in half, like Ribs, and only being able to get 7 pounds of Beef Sticks in at one time, we ended up getting an MES 40. So we ended up spending more money than if we would have just got the MES 40 in the first place.

As for which one to get, check these 2 Links:
Masterbuilt Smokers (Bear's Thoughts & Findings)
MES Generation Number Recognition Pictures & Pics (Digital Units)

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky