New Smoker from Michigan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zug

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 1, 2008
Grand Rapids MI
Hello all,
I have been grilling for years mostly over Gas and camp fires but I finally got me a smoker\BBQ pit. I decided to go with the Char-Broil silver smoker. I have been lurking around for about 3 weeks but I figured it was time to say hello. I have been working on the mods i found for my smoker.

Zug

Welcome Zug, glad you decided to unlurk.
smile.gif

Hi Zug and welcome the the forum. Glad your finally here lol.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Is your zip code in the UP? Just wondering. I am a buckeye just south of the state line 15 miles....but I spend a lot of time in Michigan including the UP.

Have you done your first smoke yet and if so what was it?

Keith

Hello Zug, from another michiganiac! Glad to have you aboard. I have a charbroil silver too, and they can turn out some pretty good BBQ. Looks like I see a couple of mods in the pics. Good job. Nice Q-views too.

What part of the state ya from?

Keep up the mods and keep rollin out the Thin Blue smoke!
icon_smile.gif

zug
The food looks great, the pictures are of great quality (ecspecially the smoked fatty one). Honestly of recipe magazine quality, what model camera do you use?

Welcome to SMF. There are lots of friendly folks around here with tons of knowledge and ideas. Just browse through the threads and check out anything that catches your eye. Be sure to throw your two cents in anytime you can.

Welcome to SMF. Since coming here there doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day to go thru everything. Great pics and a whole lotta help here. Never enough Michiganders the more the merrier. Looking forward for more pics

Welcome to the SMF. Congrats on the new smoker, and I can see you're
into the Q View. It's all good.

Welcome to the SMF!! Your off to a great start with the looks of things!! Keep the Q-vue coming1

Zug, Welcome to the SMF from Plymouth. Nice q-view! I plan to do my next ABT's that way (like boats) next time.

Hello all and Thanks, as for what mode my camara is on, I use the Marco mode on my Canon Rebel XTI its a 10meg pixel but I have to reduce it so much I am suprised they look to well :)

I do have a question on the forms when you pull up a thread its starts with the last guys thats posted how do I change it so I can read what the poster typed first and work my way down? I hate going to the end of the post and working backwards.

Zug

Agreed, nice shots. With all the wind you folks have had over the past few days, I'm guessing you had to nail all that down before you could shoot it? Welcome!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky