NEW smoker from illinois

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jeff bernaeyge

Original poster
Aug 7, 2018
hello I'm a new smoker from pingree grove Illinois. I just got my dyna glo vertical smoker yesterday. ready for this journey

Welcome, Jeff. Journey is a great word to use for the long-lived "hobby" you are about to undertake. You can make it as simple or complex as you like. Learn just a few good "recipes" or get into very small technical details; it's up to you. Whichever route you choose, there are many here with significant knowledge and eager to share what they know as well as answer any questions you may have or help resolve any problems.

Good luck to you on the journey, share pictures of your cooks, and let us know how we can help.

Welcome Jeff! Im fairly new here too... Though I have been grillin and Q'in' for over 2 decades. Theres tons of information, and recipes to try. Im doing something Ive never done before this weekend and making ABTs (Atomic Buffalo Turds) and Pork Shots, along with some ribs and chicken.

So, dig in... explore the forums and like oldsmoker said, find some recipes and everyone here is willing to help...

Reactions: Binford 6100
Welcome to SMF from Indiana! Smoking is addictive. I’ve been at it for a couple of years as much as possible. I’m hooked. I’m sure you will be too. Thanks for joining.

Welcome to the site, and congratulation on the new smoker.

Chris

Hey there Jeff. It’s great to have you here. Smoking can become quite the addiction but in a good way. Enjoy your new toy. We look forward to seeing your successes.

George

Howdy sir, I'm a fellow pit player from Illinois. I haven't been on here long, but I've used the page for research efforts for some time now. Hit me up if you ever have a question, especially if you're modifying your DG. I love mine, but it does take some tinkering and a bit of attention. To me, that's all part of the fun though.

Welcome from Prairie View IL! Enjoy your new smoker.
1588687585730.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky