New Smoker for xmas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

medictorn

Original poster
Dec 26, 2013
Charlton ma
Hi everyone my name is mike and im from mass. I got a masterbuilt electric smoker for christmas and I want to smoke everything now lol. I have no clue on what I am doing but would love to pick all your brains on how to smoke the right way. I am doing some baby back ribs tomorrow and I have a few questions and not sure where I would put the questions on the forums. The temp to cook them at how long to use smoke and do i put water in the pan. I read somewhere of the 2-2-1  2 hrs of smoke, 2hrs wrapped  no smoke and, 1 hr unwrapped no smoke all at 225 ?

Glad you joined us Mike, congrats on the new MES and :welcome1: from North Dakota!
Here is a good starting point for questions on your MES - http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/110/electric-smokers
Personally I would go 250º to 275º and go 2 - 1 1/2 - 3/4 ... after you have done a few racks of ribs you will get your own temp/feel/look/time down on making the ribs your own.

Howdee Howdee nice to meet you. I have a MES30 also.

Before you start digging into all the available data that is really interesting, might I ask that you click the above "Profile" icon on the tool bar and take a second to let us know a bit about you? Most specifically where you lay your little weary head down to sleep at night? See that helps people understand your questions and answers better when in a discussion. Geographic location helps a lot. We have folks here from all over the world.

Yeppers we got some good folks here, ask and you'll be inundated with information. If we can't be cooking, second choice is talking about cooking. LOL

Again, welcome to the forum, looking forward to your posts w/ pictures.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky