New Smoker Added To My Herd

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Dec 29, 2009
Savage, MN
I've been looking at pellet smokers for a while now, and finally decided to pull the trigger.

This one is decent quality and good price

I burned off the oil tonight, and doing a brisket for the maiden voyage tomorrow morning

Told my Wife that she needed another smoker
icon_mrgreen.gif

This did not go over very well!!!
wife.gif

28c239b9_DSCF3467.jpg

very nice todd..............when did they start putting on the coolio wheels?

That looks like the Traeger Texas Grill!  Nice rig!  Good luck with the brisket!  I did one last weekend and came out superb.  Photos came out like crap though I didn't post...

Tell her that you bought it with all the $$ she saved on the Cali trip

It's not really a Traeger, BUT?????

Same as as a Traeger, except the "Nameplate".

A buddy got a load of these and my price was about $300 less than buying it thru a Traeger Dealer, or online.

TJ

Looks Great, Todd----Does Mom let you use her smoker???

Hoping you'll give us a tutorial on the use of this thing (with pics), along with the Brisket smoke post.

Thanks,

Bear

There's a learning curve to every smoker, and trying to figure this one out.

Temps vary from front to back about 20°

I'm taking lots of pics

Todd

Hey Todd,

Welcome to the world of Pellet Poopers.  I'll be waiting patiently to see how it works out for you.  Ok not really patient but waiting.

Joe

Congrats. If I ever get the change I'm getting a FEC100. Love the convenience of pellets.

However, I get my oak cheap - free - around here when neighbors have their trees trimmed so I can't complain about costs for my stickburning Kingfisher trailer rig.

SWMBO would have my butt if I drug home another cooker right now!! 

Congrats. If I ever get the change I'm getting a FEC100. Love the convenience of pellets.

However, I get my oak cheap - free - around here when neighbors have their trees trimmed so I can't complain about costs for my stickburning Kingfisher trailer rig.

SWMBO would have my butt if I drug home another cooker right now!! 

Change???

Heck, the FEC100 $4,000!

TJ

Change???

Heck, the FEC100 $4,000!

TJ
Yeah, true! But, it's all a matter of perspective. 
biggrin.gif

I use a gasser for grilling. Any pellet pooper I buy is going to be for que and volume - hence the FEC100 (Actually, I want the 500 but way too many zeroes at the end of the price!). Seems I need the volume pretty often for friends and church events. Currently I use my Kingfisher stickburning rotisserie and can to up to about 275 pound of pork butt.

So, I'm being a bit "casual" about the "change" comment. I'll probably not ever buy one - but the FEC would be my choice for my next "large" cooker.

I've got (2) friends that have the FEC100 and think they are the best smokers made.

One uses it for competition and the other for personal use.

I would like to make one out of a proofer

Todd

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky