new project

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tc fish bum

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
just got a 1930s ge monitor top fridge and am gonna turn it into a classy vert smoker. ive been toying with heat sources and am leaning away from electric( which is wayyyyy more convienient) as i am going to trailer it for events as well as cold smoke at home. i have two barrel pits and a cheap gas vert smoker, but there nothing as cool as this if i do it correctly. any ideas?

Are you planning on using it for competitions? I don't know about other regions, but around here, sanctioned BBQ competitions only allow charcoal, wood, or wood pellets for a heat source. Something to keep in mind.

Good luck!

we dont know if we want to compete? we usually do gigs of about 10 to 100 people. we are going to turn out a fresh ham, 2 shoulders ,pork belly and about 8 chickens sat. for a winery in the area. shure would be nice to crack a valve and not have to babysit as much. the fridge is all steel and cast iron and built like a bank vault. im gonna take it down to pcs and rebuild the interior to my needs while keeping the intregrity of its classy look. hopefully i can make it a conversation pc with mac n cheese ease of use.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky