New one from Kansas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mikeh

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 22, 2006
Kansas
Just wanted to say hello. I have been reading posts on here for a week or so and just did register. As I type this, I have a brisket on the smoker and will be making my first attempt at Wicked baked beans later. I have already learned alot from everyone on here just by reading the posts.. I look forward to learning from you all.. Have a great day

Mike

Welcome Mike
Would you be an electric smoker?
We seem to have a shortage of the plug in types here!! HeHe :D
Sounds like you have your feet on the ground and running though
You will be glad you joined in

Again welcome and make your self at home!

Illini, thanks for the welcome. Sorry, but I have a charcoal smoker. I have really enjoyed reading posts on here and have learned alot already. I just got done with my first batch of Wicked Baked Beans and they are great.
I look forward to learning more about smoking meat on this site from everyone. I am not totally new to smoking, but not too far from it. I am glad I found this site.. thanks again..

Mike

Welcome to the SMF family, Mike. Folks here go out of their way to make newcomers feel welcomed. There is a lot of years of smoking experience in the membership here, so if you have Que questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Welcome to SMF Mike!!! I'm glad you decided to join us. Do ya got pics of that brisket?
wink.gif

Welcome to the board Mike. If you want to learn all about smoking, you're probably in the right place!

BTW, what part of Kansas?

Ultramag, sorry no pics. I was going to but the digital camera had dead batteries. I will say that the brisket came out pretty good. I took some brisket and wicked baked beans to work and shared it with co-workers and they liked it all..

and Dickeydoo, I am straight south of Wichita. Only 13 miles from the Kansas Okla. border.. And thanks for the welcome.

MIke

Welcome to the forum Mike, good to have you with us! Hope the brisket turned out well, I love the Wicked Baked Bean recipe from Dutch. Then again, I have found all of his recipes and advice to be on the money, as well as many others here. Enjoy!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky