New Minnesooh-tan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

whistler

Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
Hello,

I've been a lurker for a few months enjoying the knowledge and info. Thanks.

I 'inherited' a Brinkmann Pitmaster Deluxe and have been using it to grill on until recently. As a kid, my extended family smoked quite a bit of fish (lake trout and whitefish) and I loved it. Finally decided I needed to put the Brinkmann to its highest and best use -- smoking meat.

So far I have done some ribs and a fatty with homemade venison breakfast sausage. I look foward to expanding these efforts under your collective tutelage to include more exotic fatties, briskets, butts, and fish.

Thanks again.

Whistler

Welcome Whistler, you'll enjoy the friendly folks here at the SMF.

Welcome Whistler.
Glad you decided to stop lurking and join the family. Can't wait to see some of your Qviews.
Any questions there are (as you probably know by now) tons of good folks here that are more than happy to help you out with.

welcome from a fellow minnesotan!!! i am near st cloud where are you??? great site with tons a info. cant wait till you share a smoke with some qview!!!

Thanks. I've read many of your posts with interest (and a bit of drool). I look foward to more.

I live in Fridley but have a cabin near Cook. My family is originally from the Da Range.

I'm going to have get better about remembering the camera. It wasn't until the fattie was nothing but a grease spot on a paper plate that I even thought about the camera. I've got to remember that smoked meat is not only a work of culinary art.

Whistler

aha!!! so you have a cabin on or near lake vermillion.... that is very cool, i like to make at least one weekend a summer up in that area. ya the pix thing kind of became part of the smoking hobby after i joined this site...

YES, FINALLY, another Minnesotan joins the ranks. Welcome aboard. Im down in the S.E. part of the state, Preston area. Glad to have you here.

Welcome to SMF Whistler!!
Glad you decided to join us.
Thomas
icon_mrgreen.gif

First off welcome to SMF. You already know how good the place is so I'm glad you came out of the darkness and saw the light. We are always glad to have new people here cause they might just look at things and little differant then we do and that always make for some really differant way to do things. I hope you have the how to's and what if's on the whole Qview thing and if not go here:
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=58920
and it will show you how to post pictires so we can see what your smoking on and with and what your smoking. So hurry and go get something to smoke.
Welcome To The Addiction

Thanks for the info on Q view. I probably won't get anything smoked until Labor Day weekend, but I plan to go nuts.

Not on Vermillion but just a couple lakes away. I've heard the area described as God's Country and couldn't agree more. One weekend a year just wouldn't be enough for me.

Given your moniker I am guessing you are probably a deer hunter. Do you hunt near Preston or go elsewhere in MN?

Hi there. I hunt our land here in Preston as well as some farm land SE of Spring Valley.

Welcome, Glad to have you with us. This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

Be sure to check out Jeff's 5Day Smoking Basics eCourse, you can find it here it's "FREE"...5 Day e Course

Everyone here enjoys seeing the qview so be sure to post plenty of pics.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky