New MES 40 for Christmas, what gagets do I need now.... Thank You

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pote05

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 27, 2010
Joetown, MO
Just got the new Smoker for Christmas, found this site and joined...
8a27d26c_newsmoker.jpg

What type's of add on's due I need? I just ordered a new ET-73 Maverick RediChek Remote Wireless Smoker Thermometer to have to use to find the true readings of my probe that came with the smoker..

Last edited:
Pote05....

I'm new here but my plans are to get the A-Maze-N smoker and do some cheese and bacon. But you can have a lot of fun and enjoyment just using it as is.....Did you look up FATTY ....this is something I am ready to try. 

I recommend a fast read instant thermometer, Thermoworks has some great ones on sale for $19, or you can get a probe and handheld reader for a really good price too, or if someone loves you a whole lot, you can spring for a thermopen.  It can be really good to have a back-up for verification on your temps at times. you're going to get a LOT of advice on this question! Cheers!

Decent food grade buckets to hold things like pork shoulders or ribs while you brine them.  I use very large tupperware, and put them in a spare fridge overnight.

A-Maze-N smoker -- best way to do cold smoke (only way IMO).

Vacumn sealer (we have a food saver brand).  Get lots of bags and rolls at BJs, Costco or the like.  Much better buy than at Walmart or supermarket.

A good scale.

Nice pair of tongs and mitts.

As someone else said, some sort of instant read or probe thermometer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky