New MES 40 Big Ol' Brisket and Bucket of Habeneros

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pepperer

Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
New here to this forum......Working at the moment on my second Brisket in my MES 40, down here in South Florida. First Brisket I tried was a 14 Pounder on the top shelf with a 10 pound piece of Pork Butt down a shelf. Made it to the Stall then put both in foiled covered aluminum pans. Took around 20 hours to completion. Long stall... Both were edible after all. Sorry to say I didn't take any pictures. Found this website afterwards. Back to todays Brisket. Doing a 9 pounder @225. Put it in aluminum foil at 160. It's now into the 12th hour cooking and it's at 187 degrees. Seems to be alittle ahead of schedule. Find out how tender later...... Also had a bunch of homegrown Habeneros sitting in the smoker. If they call a smoked Jalapeno a Chipotle whats a Smoked Habenero called?

You gotta take some pics!!  I want to see that bucket of Habeneros!  What do you do with your Habs after you smoke them?

yeahthat.gif

welcome1.gif
 to SMF . You have come to the right place for smoking info. This site is loaded with great info just use the search bar at top of page to find what you are looking for. If you can't locate the answer just ask folks here are willing to share there knowledge. I suggest you take  the 5 day e-course on smoking its chuck full of great info.Smoking  5-Day e-Course  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky