• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meat~smoker in n.j.

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
south river,
hello every one, my name is charlie ,i live in central n.j. ,, i just got a new s.s. vertical gas smoker,,, i just did my 1st batch of ribs ... pretty good !! not fantastic yet ?? lol ... i cleaned my shelves up pretty good with steel wool and mild soap...was able to wash the inside of the water pan !!
how do i clean the bottom of the water bowl ?? what do i use ??? also what can i use to clean the bottom of the smoker from the dripping`s ...etc !!!!
waiting to meet all .....have a great new year !!!
charlie

If you really want to clean the bowl use steel wool or a coarse scrubber (remember it is a smoker…it wonâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t always be shiny. To clean the drippings, try to work while the smoker is still warm, or clean like your mom did with Eazy Off or another oven cleaner, just get chemicals wiped up well! Wait til your SS starts discoloring from heat! :lol:

p.s. some of these guys never clean their smokers! They call it curing!

I don't call it curing, I call it seasoning for the next smoke. :)
Reminds me of an episode of Married with Children. It was Labor Day, Al saw it as sort of a religious holiday. It was the one day a year that he didn't have to sell shoes and he liked to grill then also. He claimed that cooking with last years ashes made the best burgers.
I guess I'm the same way with my drippings. I love the fact that you can smell food before the meat even hits the grates.

Welcome to the forum meat~smoker. I Always clean the grates and utensils, but the inside rarely gets a thorough bath. Usually a good rinsing when it happens.

If you feel the need to clean the inside, it may be best to use a mild grease cutting dish washing liquid (Dawn). I don't think I would like to use any strong chemical cleaner for the reason of what smell they leave behind. If you can smell the cleaner, it isn't gone and it will get in your food.

Remember when cleaning the inside.. Rinse, rinse, RINSE!

Keep Smokin

Welcome to SMF meat~smoker!!! I only clean the inside a couple times a year or so and use mine at least 2-3 times a month on average. I don't know your exact smoker model, but if you can wrap the water pan in foil as you can with the GOSM it makes it a simple rinse in hot water and dry procedure. Enjoy the forums and post often!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky