• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

txmikem

Original poster
Jul 12, 2006
New to the site, plan to learn from others experience. I'm used to cooking over direct heat vs. indirect heat. A friend just purchased a new smoker, and handed down his old pit to me.

It's missing the thermostat and brand, but, looks just like the New Braunfels Hondo Smoker, which can be purchased at Academy.

Welcome, grab a cold one and jump right in. You can get your questions answered, and share in the joys and successes of other's cooking sessions. You will also get a chance to help others fix problems with their cooks.

Welcome to SMF,

Check Wal Mart, they have a good selection of replacement thermostats.

Good look with you smokes, and let us know how it goes.

txmikem, Welcome to Smoking Meat Forums. Lots of good information here to learn from and some great folks that will be happy to answer your questions. Check out the different forums and see what others have done.

Enjoy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky