New member Southwest Michigan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

therapynsmoke

Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
All, I am a new member of your find site. I am a 40 year old man, married 17 years to my best friend in the whole world. I sure married out of my league. I have two amazing daughters, one in her mid teens who fluctuates between being mature beyond her years with an old kind soul and other times, your typical American teen. The other is a pre-teen who is full of life in her own way. We also have two dogs, both boxers, combined well over 200LBS and now our newest edition, a kitten. 

At 38 years old I had the grand idea of returning to school to work on my masters degree in Psychotherapy. My goal is eventually finish grad school and hope to one day help those who need it if i can. It is certainly been humbling and has fulfill that need to be a part of something larger than my self.

I have been a BBQ'r for over 20 years. Up to this point I have relied mostly on a few Char-Griller barrel smokers and homemade smoker made of on old 250 gallon gas tank. That was a beast and a blast to have but eventually I sold it. 

Working full time in the auto industry, being a full time grad student, full time husband and father, I always found it personally absurd to spend thousands on a smoker. That said, my old char-griller has seen better days so I just purchased a Brinkmann Trail-master Limited Edition. Sure we could all spend the rest of our days arguing what type of smoker is best. I on the other hand just look at the end results. I'd put some of my pork butts up against those cooked on the most expensive of smokers but I digress. That said, where I do draw the line personally is the art of smoking meat. To me, and again this is just a personal outlook, I think electric, gas, and the like type of smokers are as close to sacrilegious as one can get in the smoker world. Smoking to me is only true with a stick burner pure and simple, but again thats just me.

I look forward to learning a ton from you all. Thank you in advance for your kindness and allowing me the opportunity to be among kindred spirits. 

Welcome to the forum TNS. Glad to have you with us! Looking forward to posts of your smokes! We all love the Q-view! Turning out great Q is a matter of learning how to use the equipment that you have and producing a product that you and your family like. You will find more receipes and ways of smoking things on this site than number of members.There is no ONLY way, so feel free to try something different and ask any questions you may have. Someone will be happy to offer their opinion!

Mike

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a cloudy and stormy day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Welcome to the forum from Lansing TherapyNSmoke.  And what a great forum it is to learn the art of smoking everything.

We have a Michigan group here.  http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/groups/show/27/michigan-members-group   

If you get a chance check it out and please join if you have not done so yet.

We have a yearly get together and I hope you can make it this year.  We also have occasional cheese smokes here or there so if you can join in please do.

It’s always nice to see another Michigander here.

Stan

Welcome to the board! I'm running a stick burner, too, along with a small Weber kettle. I haven't been in your area for a long time but I've had some good campouts at Waren Dunes.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky