New member, new build.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

martin64

Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
Brawley and El Cajon, Ca.
A little about me. I'm retired military (1/2 Army-1/2 Air Force, officially "retired Air Force"), an avid motorcycle rider and my main "cage" is a 1964 Chevy pick up. I've been grilling for as long as I can remember and want to take the step off into smoking. I also got into the whole fried turkey thing a few years ago but want a new challenge. I'm also somewhat of a "tinkerer" as time allows and during the week I have an hour or 2 every evening to play with my latest interest.

I have what I think are the basic makings of smoker, but I'm not really sure how I want to go about it......what would you do?
916913cd_0911101430-00.jpg
074394aa_1015101537-00.jpg

Martin, welcome aboard and thanks for your service to our country!  I'm sure they'll be some builders that stop by with some ideas on your finds there.  

Hi Martin, Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
icon_cool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky