New Member Introduction

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dsalters

Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
Hello to all! I am doing as instructed and introducing myself. My name is Daniel, 22, and I am from just outside St. Louis. I am a taxidermist and deer hunter, so you can guess I am surrounded by deer in various edible and non-edible forms :)

I guess you could say I am just starting out in smoking meats. I've been trying to perfect venison summer sausage for the last couple of years and have too many questions to keep wasting good meat. That's what brings me here because I know the value of forums. When I have a question, I will research something to death and then analysis paralysis sets in :(

I have Rytek Kutas' book and a Bass Pro propane smoker.

It's going to take a little while to get used to these forums and learn to use and navigate them well.

Daniel Salters

Welcome to SMF! You've found the right place to be for getting answers to questions. The folks around here are friendly and always willing to share their experience and stories.

As far as finding your way around here, the links in the left column are a good place to start for all kinds of good information. Just take your time and browse around.

Make yourself at home. We're glad you joined us.
icon_lol.gif

Welcome !! You have found the spot for all the answers.... there are loads of people here that are friendly and full of great tips tricks and recipes.... with countless years of experience.... Take a look at Jeff's 5 day ecourse....

Welcome to the SMF, sign up for Jeff's 5-day eCourse. You can get to all the topics by clicking on the word forum at the top left hand side of the page

gfitz here, new member from Dallas. Had my Smokin Tex 750 for about 2 years now and love it. Smokin for about that amount of time and looking to learn more. Best results have been my ribs. Look forward to discussions and learning new tricks.

Fitz

Hey welcome dude ... you need to start your own thread to get everyone's attention, rather than joining this one ...
We all like to give as many welcomes as we can.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

just kind of startin built about a 1/2 doz. smokers till i think i got it close to being right.charcoal over electric with water runs about 220-225 in warm ks. weather.smoked turkey for thanksgiving it run all night at 200 when outside temp was 18 and very frostie.have remote therm. so i can sleep just fine have hi & low alrams to wake me just in case. been playing around for about 3 years just learning temps and humidity conditions now ready to smoke year round.the pic is stuffed jalopenoes smoked 5 hrs with hickoryturned out great first attempt.
name is TERRY

Dan and Gfitx:

I want to welcome both of you to SMF. Cruise around and snoop through all the Articles listed in the left hand margine. Some very good information there.

I know that you both will enjoy your time on the forum. If you have questions, go to the correct thread(there are threads for each kind of smoker, as well as for beef, pork, poultry, fish and the like), and ask away. There will be somebody(probably several somebodies) that respond, in no time.

Once again nice to have you.

Skip

Welcome Daniel and Fitz -

We have a fine group here - more of a family really. They'll always be someone here to help you along - when you have questions just ask!

Thanks for all the welcomes. First off, is there a way to customize display preferences? I want to read a thread from oldest to newest as opposed to newest first.

Thanks to all!

Just click on 'User CP' then 'Edit Options' on left side bar and finally scroll down to ' Thread Display Options ' where you will find;

Thread Display ModeHere you can choose the display mode for threads. For a full explanation of the modes, please view this help page. Linear - Oldest First Linear - Newest First Threaded Hybrid Thread Display Mode:

Glad to see you amongst us at the SMF. You'll find plenty of great information just by reading around, and you can always ask. Enjoy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky