• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

new member in TX

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 21, 2006
hi, i am a new member here. i live in waco, tx. i am just starting smoking meats. i have an old smoker that was left here by previous tenants. it has part of a sticker on it that says "old smokey". i am 36, married, with a baby at home and two kids that live with their mother (my ex). i normally grill for me and the wife 3 or 4 times a week. i smoked some ribs last week, for bro-in-law's b-day, and they disappeared.

cheech

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 19, 2005
Welcome Chris Harper, Gald to have more Texans on the forum. Texans seem to have BBQ in their blood. Looks forward to hearing more from you

up in smoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 12, 2006
Hop on board Chris! You will find lots of info, recipes, and plenty of camraderie here! Make sure ya check out Jeffâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Smoking Basics eCourse, it will get ya up to speed and help you understand Q lingo and such. Youâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll like it here!

ultramag

SMF Events Planning Committee
Joined Apr 17, 2006
Welcome to SMF Chris. Disappearing BBQ is always a good sign. Smoke on!!!

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 21, 2006
thanks for the replies. i plan on reading the Smoking Basics E-Course.

gunslinger

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 24, 2006
Welcome to SMF. You better have that smoker looked at if it's eating your food. I wish my food was so good the smoker would eat it. Wait, then what would I eat?

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.