New member here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bevoblood

Original poster
Mar 26, 2015
Elgin , Tx
New here but not to BBQ. I love to cook and it is my stress relief. People laugh because I will smoke just about anything. I've smoked Potato Salad, pasta salad, broccoli and rice casserole these are just a few things and now they are requested at family gatherings. Some ideas have worked some have not, but if you don't try how you gonna know if it works or not. I make my on bbq sauce(only took 10 years to get it to this point) I also make my own rub so I do like to Q.
I use an offset mainly an oldie but a goodie. I do have my burnt orange vertical Brinkman and my Weber kettle. I am currently starting my freezer smoker project that will be a cold and hot smoker.I plan on using it to cold smoke bacon,sausage, veggies, salmon and cheeses and whatever else I can think of. I added a few pics of my freezer, just started it so I will post updates as I work on it. I am always looking for new recipes, ideas and just food advise in general. I look forward to posting on the forum.
This my up coming project... it gonna be a cold and hot smoker. Gonna use a hot plate/ some type of heating element controlled with a PID for cold smoking. This freezer is only 4'6" tall and 2' wide so I'm gonna raise it up 2' and put a firebox drawer underneath for hot smoking so I don't have to open the smoke chamber and lose heat. Through the back angle of the freezer in the back I'm gonna put a burner so I have another optional heat source. So I will be on this forum a lot looking for ideas for cold smoking. \m/ HOOK'EM \m/

[ATTACHMENT=1997]20131204_052255_41.jpg (104k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=1998]20140216_150610-51.jpg (93k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=1999]20140216_1556441.jpg (97k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Last edited:
Welcome BevoBlood! :welcome:
Sounds like you know your stuff. Glad to have you as a contributor. Please be sure to post build pics. I love watching things happen.
:popcorn

Last edited:
texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a nice sunny and warm day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions
Post it and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is
because their are so many different ways to make great Q...
Happy smoken.
David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky