New Member Checking In

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoking ace

Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Near Nashville, TN
I am from just South of Nashville, TN and I use both a gas cabinet smoker and an offset wood smoker. My dad, from whom I learned the fine art of smoking, has several smokers he uses.

I would rank myself as an experienced novice and my best product is probably ribs (spare ribs are my choice). However, I smoked turkey for Thansgiving and do a mean shoulder from time to time. I like tenderloin as well and have made some coworkers tell me that I need to go into business with those.

This weekend will have to be ribs as I sit down to watch the Titans play the Chargers. Couple of brews and a few ribs. Tailgating at home.

My wife makes our BBQ sauce which is a recipe from my mom and good. I make my own rub, which varies from time to time a little. But, my feeling is that the smoke is what matters most. I like to use a combo of hickory and pecan when I can. Although I have two apple trees in my backyard that may soon be no more, so I may have to give that a try as well.

I'll try to check back with some details of how I fared. Look forward to learning more from all of you.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome To The Site
Be Sure To Take Jeff's 5 Day Course And It Will Open New Idea's To You And Also Possible To Your Dad
Good Luck This Is A Great Site
Again Welcom

Hi Smoking Ace! Welcome to SMF. You're in good company here. Looking forward to seeing your posts.

Welcome. You will love it here. Everyone likes the Q-view and sharing. Everyone is very helpful and nice here. Enjoy and check out the 5 day e-course.

Welcome to the SMF, best smoke place on the net. I'm looking forward to yuor smokes, and Q Views too!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky