New Member Checking In

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by smoking ace, Jan 2, 2008.

1. I am from just South of Nashville, TN and I use both a gas cabinet smoker and an offset wood smoker. My dad, from whom I learned the fine art of smoking, has several smokers he uses.

I would rank myself as an experienced novice and my best product is probably ribs (spare ribs are my choice). However, I smoked turkey for Thansgiving and do a mean shoulder from time to time. I like tenderloin as well and have made some coworkers tell me that I need to go into business with those.

This weekend will have to be ribs as I sit down to watch the Titans play the Chargers. Couple of brews and a few ribs. Tailgating at home.

My wife makes our BBQ sauce which is a recipe from my mom and good. I make my own rub, which varies from time to time a little. But, my feeling is that the smoke is what matters most. I like to use a combo of hickory and pecan when I can. Although I have two apple trees in my backyard that may soon be no more, so I may have to give that a try as well.

I'll try to check back with some details of how I fared. Look forward to learning more from all of you.[​IMG]

2. Welcome To The Site
    Be Sure To Take Jeff's 5 Day Course And It Will Open New Idea's To You And Also Possible To Your Dad
    Good Luck This Is A Great Site
    Again Welcom

3. gramason

gramason Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF.

4. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Smoking Ace
    Welcome to SMF, glad you joined us !!!

5. cman95

cman95 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF. This is THE place to be.

6. blackhawk19

blackhawk19 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF

7. pigcicles

pigcicles Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hi Smoking Ace! Welcome to SMF. You're in good company here. Looking forward to seeing your posts.

8. fla-gypsy

fla-gypsy Smoke Blower

Welcome to the SMF

9. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the site Smoking Ace. Glad your here.

Kookie

10. Welcome. You will love it here. Everyone likes the Q-view and sharing. Everyone is very helpful and nice here. Enjoy and check out the 5 day e-course.

11. homebrew & bbq

homebrew & bbq Smoking Fanatic

Welcome to SMF! It sounds like you're bringing a fair amount of experience with you. [​IMG] Looking forward to hearing what you have to offer.

12. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF! Glad you joined us!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

13. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum![​IMG]

14. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF, best smoke place on the net. I'm looking forward to yuor smokes, and Q Views too!

15. smokeys my pet

smokeys my pet Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Ace cute avatar and welcome to smf!!!!!!!!!! Love to see kids involved!!!!!!