New member can not post.....?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mossymo

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 30, 2007
Glenburn, North Dakota
He has registered and is logged in. He has also been PMing me this afternoon looking for help. Another peice of the puzzle is that he can not veiw any pic's that are posted.

He is logged in and as proof of that is able to PM me. Also states after registering he has not received an email from SMF. Could this be part of the problem, maybe the email from SMF got caught by a SPAM filter?

When he does try and post he gets this message -
"you do not have permissiont to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1) Your account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page.

2) If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

If any members or moderators are able to help, post your suggestions as he is watching and waiting for help; thanks in advance.

Jeff or Dutch will have to check on his status or permissions. Regular moderators don't have those privies. Have you PM'd Jeff yet?

Sorry I can't help you out this time

PC

Also is this person trying to register as a member of any user groups? That could be throwing off the permissions too. Something didn't jive at registration though.

jimr should be good to go.. it was still showing him as "Users awaiting confirmation" due to the fact that he had not confirmed his email address which is how we eliminate a lot of spam.

I will shoot him an email in a few minutes to make sure he knows that all is well now.

It sounds like a registration permission issue to me. Notify Jeff or another moderator and the problem will be solved quickly, I'm sure.

also have him check his or her firewall , if the person has a no cookie setting it will not let them interact with a forum . other then that ?
i'd say the activation e-mail thinger
icon_wink.gif

Jeff's still da man! Way to go boss! I knew you'd Get R Done.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky