New Member and to Smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

demolitionman

Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
Hello everyone....Just bought a wallyworld "Great Outdooors" gas unit in 34" height and haven't even put it together yet....I haven't smoked before, but think I can gain a lot of knowledge here at the forums to get an idea of what's going on....I'm an OTR Truckdriver and don't have a lot of time to smoke, but want to make it one of my hobbies....I'm sure I'll enjoy my membership here at the Smoking Meat Forums....Thanks for everything in advance....DemolitionMan

Welcome To the forum. Good luck with the new smoker. I'm not much of a gasser, but some here will assist you with modifications, if any, that you made need to be successful with your efforts.

Welcome D.M.

Dont break anything. Just enjoy and learn.

Never hesitate to ask any question.
There are no smoke snobs here

I'm new and already addicted.
icon_smile.gif

Welcome to SMF,Make sure you sign-up for Jeff's ECourse, Great info. Now get your smoker together and get to smokin.you'll enjoy it as you learn. Again Welcome

Welcome to SMF! You couldn't have picked a better place to learn about smoking. The folks around here are friendly and always ready to help out, so don't be shy about asking questions.

Glad to have you aboard.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Welcome, Still a newbie here too. Ask lots of questions. There are no dumb q's, but ya might get a few dumb answers. Seriously, great place to learn, and the taste will be worth the experience.

Welcome D-man! Glad you found us. My bro pulls for H.O. Wolding. I can see what you mean about not having much time for what will soon to become an addicition. I dont get to see him much. He's always on the road too. Lots to learn here and you will be a pro in no time. Enjoy!

Hello and welcome to the SMF. Even if your time is limited, you can find something to smoke up, plenty of great ideas, tips, and some laughs too! Stick around my friend, it only gets better.

D-Man:

Nice to have you on board. I help individuals get retrained into new fields and OTR Driving is a common theme for me.

By the way, the SMF Forum has GPS observation, so we will know where you are at all times.
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif
OK, OK, not really.

Know you will have fun with your new smoker.

Once again, welcome.

Skip

Welcome DemolitionMan -

By now you've already seen the great group we have here ready to jump in and help out - You pu that thing together and we'll help you use it and make great BBQ, sausages -you name it!

Welcome to SMF, you're in the right place to learn all your heart and mind desires of this most addicting and tasty rewarding hobby, glad you joined us
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks guys/gals for the warm welcome....Seems to be some real smokers on this forum....Just got in and don't have much time at home for now....But it looks like it's gonna be beef stew for now....Haven't even put my smoker together cause I'm wanting to see if there's any "upgrades" to be done to make it a better smoker....See ya around, DemoMan

Welcome aboard DemoMan... You certainly came to the right place for all things smokin'!

Get that thing put together and take it with ya' on the road! You'll be the hit of the truck stops for sure!
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

Have fun!

Demoman, sorry I missed your intro post! I must have been deer hunting.
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

Welcome to the forum!!
icon_mrgreen.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky