New Lang 48 Patio

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mschwartz26

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 9, 2009
This beast just arrived. the truck left Georgia on Wednesday afternoon and arrived in San Diego Saturday morning. That is what I call making good time.I thought the lang owners would appreciate a picture of the truck the smoker came on. 10 Lang strong.

I am seasoning the smoker right now. I think I may have built a fire that was too large. This leads to my question. The temperature on the lower and upper right side is approximately 30 degrees higher than the temperature on the lower and upper left side. I am assuming this is because I built the fires too large. Any feedback from the Lang owners out there?

Last edited:
Reactions: magnus
Also... When you are trying to maintain a 225 temperature how open do you keep the smoke stack and fire box dampers? This is my first offset and trying to figure it out!

On mine I keep the stack all the way open I close the right hand damper closed and the left damper all the way open. I can hold temps that way for a couple of hours

Reactions: magnus
Got it... Top is open and playing with the firebox damper. Back to the temperature difference... Should I expect a 30 difference from the right to left sides of the smoker? As my fire is getting smaller the Temps are getting closer but still off. Lower left is 204 lower right is 220. Upper right is 224 and upper left is 208. I can deal with this so maybe the issue was the size of my fire..

Front front end should be bit higher than rear using trailer jack check with level go to Lang website watch videos

you need to give it time for the temps to stabilize across the pit.

the bigger the pit, the more the mass, the more time it takes

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky