new kingfisher kooker

Discussion in 'Charcoal Smokers' started by guff1972, Sep 19, 2007.

1. guff1972

guff1972 Newbie

I just purchased a new kingfisher kooker backyard bonanza rotisserie smoker. Has anyone had any experience on these. I am wondering what the best heat source is.I used kingsford this weekend and had a hard time keeping the heat up.

Thanks

2. fatback joe

fatback joe Master of the Pit OTBS Member

No experience with that particular cooker. How was the air flow, was the charcoal up high enough that the ashes weren't chocking out your fire? Got any pics to post?

You may want to try switching to lump over bricks since the lump charcoal generally burns hotter.

Good luck

3. ma?tley ca 1/4 e

ma?tley ca 1/4 e Meat Mopper OTBS Member

I have the opposite problem with Kingsford. The last few bags I got, I can't use more than a dozen or so briquettes at a time in my Char Griller. Any more than that and it will go up to almost 300. And that's with the sfb damper closed.

4. fatback joe

[​IMG]

Is this the one?

5. guff1972

guff1972 Newbie

I will get some pictures posted soon, I think the air flow was pretty good, I am getting some lump charcoal and will try that and see how it works.

6. guff1972

guff1972 Newbie

No, it is the next size bigger unit

7. fatback joe

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

I have always been curious about those Kingfishers and their water jacket set up.

8. shellbellc

shellbellc Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks like a nice smoker. I went out and saw the one you have. I really like the rotisserie idea. Don't have to worry so much about temp differences I imagine...