New in PA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

reset

Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
Philadelphia
Hey everyone, my name is Rennie and I'm in my 20's and live outside Philadelphia. Been cooking for most of my life and starting smoking on a gas grill last year. Found this forum when researching for my first smoker a few months ago and have been hooked ever since. I ended up buying a Camp Chef Smoke Valut 24" that I used for the first time last weekend to smoke some BB's using 2-2-1, and I couldn't be any happier with my purchase (same goes for my Jeff's rub recipe, money well spent). Thanks to everyone for all the great advice.

Picking up a fresh pork butt from my local butcher tonight and taking the day off to smoke tomorrow, hopefully I'll have some pics for everyone.

Hi Rennie, thanks for joining us at the SMF. Congrats on the new smoker too!

Welcome to a fantastic site and bunch of good old folks! Take the free 5 day e-course for a good foundation on this primitive and succulent art! Just holler if you need help.

Welcome to SMF Rennie theres lots of good info and recipes around here. Congrats on that smoker I'll look forward to some reviews on it as I've had my eye on one for awhile now. Have fun and happy smoking

Hey Rennie,

I used to live in PA (Pittsburgh) and moved back home to Indiana. Just started smoking meat myself about four months ago. Finding this form has been great. There is so much good advice and ideas in here that you will probably be smoking something new every weekend. Good luck in whatever you choose to smoke.

That's great. JUMP right in and enjoy it. Welcome to the Smf family. Looking forward to the q-view of your smokes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky