New in Kansas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chrome

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 6, 2008
Olathe
I'm just south of Kansas City Kansas
I have 2 ECB's and a Brinkmann Grill King Delux that I'm thinking about hanging a firebox off the side and turning into a smoker.
I have mainly used 1 ECB for smoking Jalapenos before pickling them. Nothing like a couple smoked pickled jalapeno strips on a burger in the middle of the winter.

Actual smoking of meat I've put a turkey in the ECB for Thanksgiving for a couple hours and finished off in the oven a couple times.

I was wondering if there was a thread with the pros and cons of Vertical vs Horizontal smokers?
And whether It would be a good idea to convert my Grill King to a horizontal smoker.

Thanks

Tony

Welocme Chrome,

Back Up Here And Tell Me About These Pickled Jalies. Just What Town Do You Hail From??

Olathe
I slice jalapenos thin lengthwise, cover the grate with steel window screen and smoke the jalapenos till they are rubbery. Then I pack them tight in mason jars with lemon juice and cider vinegar. Do the normal pressure cooker thing... They're killer :)

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I've been lurking for a few weeks, and just figured it was time.

A lot of great info on this site.

Chrome, Welcome to the SMF. Those Japs sound just great. Someone will be along with comments for you I am sure. If not, use the search feature as it can dig up a lot.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky