New here

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by payson, Nov 17, 2006.

1. payson

payson Meat Mopper

Hello. My name is Chris and i'm an alcoho..... Ooops, wrong forum! I'm relatively new to the joys of smoking and look forward to learning from the masters! I recently purchased a brinkman electric (I know some of you will cringe) because I generally like to do multiple things at once. One of my passions is brewing beer so a smoker that doesn't require constant attention will allow me to brew simultaneously! Anyhow, after perusing the forum I think I'll make a fatty or two tonight when I get home!

2. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF, Chris- if you aren't addicted to the thin blue smoke, hang around with us and you soon will be. Take a moment and sign up to Tulsa Jeff's 5-day eCourse. Lots of good info there, no matter what kind of smoker you use.

Enjoy!!

3. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome Chris!

Glad you are here. Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions. The friendly folks here will make answer.

BTW - is your avatar a Maine Coon Cat?

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

4. Welcome to SMF. I have brewed a gallon or so [​IMG] in my day. But now the only thing I do with it is cook.

5. Hey Payson, There is nothing wrong with that smoker! I’ve Qued some fine food on that same puppy and I’ve heard no complaints! So get some ribs and some yardbirds and git er done! :roll:

6. ultramag

ultramag SMF Events Planning Committee

Welcome to SMF payson!!! Glad your here. Post often and have fun.

How did the fatties come out?

7. payson

payson Meat Mopper

Thanks for the wlecome! My avatar is a Maine Coon, He's pushing 20#'s. Lately I've been threatening to smoke him! The fatties were a hit with my family! Delicious! My brother tried one and declared on the spot that he needed a smoker for Christmas! :D