New here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bwayne83

Original poster
Apr 10, 2006
Clarksburg, Missouri
Been lurking around here for the past couple of months, finally joined up. I smoke on 2 Char-Griller Pro's with the SFB and in the process of building an offset/ vertical smoker using one of the fire boxes off the char-griller should be 2x2x4 ft mounted on tires for easy moving. Have my first comp. coming up on April 28-29 in Warsaw Missouri, should be a fun time. Don't expect to win but to learn.

bwayne83, Thanks for your introduction. Best of luck on the 28th & 29th of April. Going in with the idea to learn makes you a winner in my book. I've been cooking in Dutch Ovens for 20+ years and have been competing the last 3 or 4 years. I have more fun cooking and sharing time with the other competitors and interacting with the spectators and hey, if I win something-well that's a bonus. I've been in cook-offs where I have learned a new trick or two or I have shown a new competitor an easier way to do something. It's all about the comaderie.

Welcome bwayne, I'm glad you've found our little corner of Q heaven. This is a great site to learn and we always love it when you share. Let us know how the compatition turns out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky