• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New Here and experimenting with smoke !

Joined Jun 11, 2022
I am new here, but, as far as grilling and a tiny bit of smoking about a decade ago, I have got 40 years or more !! I am 60 years old and without a job so I have begun again smoking. I have a Brinkman smoker but I got a great deal, at a garage sale, a Weber 22 inch grill ( sorry I don't know enough yet) an a cart. I only had to pay $20 and spend $40 on new grates. I still have most of a 2.5 cu ft bag of Mesquite that I bought 10 years ago, so I started with some Sirlion and Ribeye steaks. Then wanted , at the urging of my Wife, to do chicken breasts, so off to Walmart for Cherry, Apple and Hickory chips and chunks. Wife loves the chicken breasts butterflied and smoked with Apple. I made my first 5 lb. of bacon with great results ! Wife and I , just yesterday, returned to the store and picked up two more 5lb pork bellies. I am from Central Iowa and of mostly Scottish decent .

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Welcome from Colorado

tbern

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 27, 2015
Welcome to the forum from Minnesota! Sounds like you're off to a awesome start and enjoy using your "new" grill!

GonnaSmoke

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 19, 2018
Well hello there, Scotty and welcome from the Palmetto State. We love pictures of food so join in...

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.