new guy...

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by rancid5653, Feb 27, 2009.

1. rancid5653

rancid5653 Newbie

Hi all, My name is Dean Im new to the forum. I've been lurking around here for a few months and reading alot. I have picked up some great tips, pointers, and recipes and decided to join so i could have fun posting...

I live in Florida and bbq year round... I have a chargrill silver series that i use for smaller items and a custom built trailer smoker (wood) that I just acquired for larger smokes... It is a reverse flow about the size of a Lang 60... A friend of mine made it and it seems to put out some quality Q so far....

Figured I would start with some good ettiquette and say hello !

2. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Dean welcome to SMF glad you joined us. What part of Florida ya in I'm in Crystal River and N.W. of Tallahassee part time. Have fun and happy smoking

3. rancid5653

rancid5653 Newbie

Thanks, glad to be here.......

Im from Jacksonville....

4. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

We have several members from over that way. Post some pics of your custom built we like seeing smokers

5. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum Dean, glad to have you here and looking forward to your input!

6. irishteabear

irishteabear Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF. Glad you decided to join us. It's a great place to learn the art of smoking.

7. darrin

darrin Meat Mopper

Welcome aboard!

8. Welcome from Bama!

9. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Well, thanks for the introduction, and welcome to the SMF. Stick around, it only gets better.

10. cman95

cman95 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF.

11. jamesb

jamesb Smoking Fanatic

Welcome! Glad ya decided to join us!

12. bandcollector

bandcollector Master of the Pit OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA

13. rivet

rivet Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome from Missouri, and glad to have you aboard- lots of good stuff here.

14. vtanker

vtanker Meat Mopper

Welcome. I was In Jacksonville for six years. Well, Mayport HSL-44 Navy. Glad to have you here!

15. carpetride

carpetride Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF, sounds like you got a little Q experience to share.

16. seenred

seenred Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF, Dean! Glad you dedided to stop lurkin' and join us. You're gonna like it here. Sounds like you got some good gear.

17. the dude abides

the dude abides Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome Aboard. And hello from the Hawkeye state. Anything you wanna know you'll find here. Just run it up the flag pole and see. You'll get a ton of answers and usually pretty darned fast.

18. bbq engineer

bbq engineer Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome from the KC area. We love pics so be sure and keep your camera handy.

Very cool AVATAR ya got there!

BBQ Eng.

19. ol' smokey

ol' smokey Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the forum

20. Welcome. Looks like you are well on you way. This place is a great resourse. Keep smokin'