New Guy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jimr

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
Fountain City, Wisconsin
Hi, my name is Jim, I'm a poultry farmer from the "cold" state of Wisconsin.
My smoking experience is mostly in the sausage making area. We make all our own venison summer sausage, weiners, polish sausage and ring baloney. I'm in the process of coming up with a recipe for snack sticks, which is how I found this site. Our smoke house is a concrete block construction that can hold up to 100 lbs of ring baloney on one level. It is wood fired now but we are looking for burner for converting it to LP with a thermostat. If anyone has any experience with this type of conversion, I would very much like to hear from you. I know I am going to enjoy this site.

Jimr

Welcome Jim, glad ya got the posting trouble straightened out! seems about any burner/thermo setup would work...I don't have a link handy but I bet 5 others do, and you'll have the info shortly..

Enjoy your time here

Welcome to the smf Jimr. Lots of nice folks on here and someone just might be able to help you with that conversion you mentioned.

Good to have you here

Happy Smokin

Steve

Jimr
Welcome to SMF, happy to see it all worked out !!!

Any pic's of your smoker?

I am PMing a little about snack sticks.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky